Saturday, November 19, 2011

Heart, Soul and Feet!

You ask, "Did I stop with introductory lessons?"  The answer is obvious, I was hooked; Heart, Soul and Feet!  I paid for another 10 lessons, thinking I could learn what I needed, and be one my way.

Luckily, the studio offered a free lesson for every new student you could bring in and sign up for their own introductory package.  Between my ability to sell anything I believe in, and my newfound love of dance, I think I acquired about 20 free lessons.  I was now at a point that I could not get enough of dance.  My worst day that ended with dancing was exponentially greater than my best day that did not end with dancing.  I never left the studio that my face and heart were exploding with pure bliss.

I had gone from wearing boots and blue jeans to lessons, to wearing my first pair of dance shoes.  They were only cheap character shoes, but I cherished them.  I soon learned, smooth leather soles did not allow me to "cut a rug" the way I needed.  I soon gave my shoes a "homemade suede sole."  Wow, where that creativity came in, I had not a clue.

As you might guess, blue jeans soon became a piece of clothing not fit to dance in.  I began going to thrift shops to find inexpensive dresses to wear to classes and the studio parties.  Dresses, me, what was going on?  Everyone in the studio always commented on my outfits.  Not only was I not embarrassed at where I was buying my dance clothing, I shared the information openly.  I figured anyone who wanted to snub me for my $4.00 and $6.00 dance outfits was welcome to do so.  I knew I looked as good in mine as they looked in their $40.00 and $60.00 dance outfits.  Besides, I much preferred saving my money for dance lessons.

I was soon nearing the end of my 10 lessons, and all the freebies I had earned.  At this point, I had only been dancing for about two months. The studio knew what they were doing.  They asked me to perform a small showcase for one of our parties.  I was overwhelmed that anyone thought me good enough to perform.  LM and I decided upon a Tango.  I worked so hard to get the choreography and what very little posturing and technique down to a tee.

The night  of the performance came, and boy was I nervous.  Performing was not in my nature.  But perform I did!  Smiling the whole way, ever so proud of what I was learning and ever so anxious to make LM proud.  I could not express my gratitude for the encouragement he constantly gave.  I was so impressed with myself!  So what next?  You guessed it, I signed a new contract for 65 lessons!  There was no way I stopping now.

My life was changed, even more than I could guess at that time.  I was still passionate about the same things in my life that I had always been passionate about.  But this newfound love and passion for dance transcended anything I had ever felt.  Where once was a small window box garden of beauty and creativity, there now existed an ever expanding, acre upon acre of growth!  How big could this get?  How abundant could it become?  I don't think I could have imagined!

Well, I hope you enjoy my story!  I enjoy sharing dance and the happiness it gives me.  Please feel free to share with me.  Until next time, Dance to your heart's content!

No comments:

Post a Comment